It’s the end of the 21st century and society is in decline. The economic situation is a nightmare: only 20% of the population is actively employed while everybody else is jobless. The Actives live secluded within the city limits. On the fringes, in the Zone, live the Jobless. Two opposing territories in a dehumanized society. Separating them is a fortified wall. On one side, the Jobless—hungry, thirsty, in a state of total abandon. On the other, the Actives—forever terrorized by the idea of losing their jobs. Each camp expresses one facet of the same suffering: work, or the absence of it.
Trepalium Ep. 1
Somewhere in the future, decades of crisis have created a society where only 20% of the population is employed. The other 80% is jobless. Between them is an impenetrable Wall, sealing off the City from the Zone.
Trepalium Ep. 2
Ruben’s wife Thaïs is missing. She hasn’t shown up for work in the past few days, and Ruben is in a bind. He has to make a good impression at work to get the director’s post he’s had his eyes on for years. But any sign of dysfunction in his family could rule him out as a candidate.
Trepalium Ep. 3
Izia finds herself caught in a vicious circle. She’s been forced by her employer to pretend she’s an Aquaville employee, and now activists from the Zone have found out.
Trepalium Ep. 4
A colleague of Izia at Aquaville has found out she’s a Zoner. She immediately informs Ruben, who sets out to deal with the problem…by getting rid of the whistle-blower.
Trepalium Ep. 5
Ruben finds out Izia has been working for the Activists. He feels betrayed by the woman he’s begun to love, and decides to try and forget about her.
What? I'm not certain about anything in this show after seeing that ending, I'll have to sleep on it. Like the show, yes it felt rushed. It's also sad to know that 'Nadia' has died of cancer in real life. Anyway, I don't think that influenced the rushed ending of this mini-series because that did cross my mind. So, why so rushed. Worth watching.... But don't expect a big revelation.
I don't know French but after watching this....... I still don't know French! This was an exceptional series I was totally immersed in thier cause, their struggles. I was rootimg for the underdog. i just wish there were more episodes!
But I have one question. Why aren’t there more seasons. And why doesn’t it say when the next ones will come??? Both this extremely exceptional series and the extremely exceptional Icelandic Prisoners suffer from this. I hope you are not testing audience appeal. It is obvious to anyone including the reviewers that both of these series and these kinds of films are very popular. No need to test us.
Thank you for another foreign series other than the Icelandic one. Both Exceptional. We need more of these. Especially French, Scandinavian and German